1. I am or will be participating in the activity described below (“Activity”) organized by We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works. I have been well advised and thoroughly informed of the inherent hazards and policies of the Activity. I understand that participating in the Activity could be potentially hazardous, and I should not participate unless I am medically able. Furthermore, I agree to follow all instructions so that I may safely participate in the Activity, including but not limited to wearing a helmet, light, and other protective gear.
2. I am responsible for consulting with my physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Activity. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition or injury which would prevent my participation in the Activity. Furthermore, I represent and warrant that I am responsible for disclosing all existing medical or other conditions to We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works, that would prohibit my participation in the Activity. I also understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works should I acquire any medical or other condition following the date of this Agreement.
3. I hereby agree that We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works shall not be liable in any way for any occurrence in connection with my participation in the Activity, that may result in injury, death, or other damages to me or my property, and in consideration of being allowed to participate in the Activity, I hereby personally assume all risks and expenses in connection with said Activity for any harm, injury, or damage that may befall me, including all risks connected therewith, whether foreseen or unforeseen, and further to save and hold harmless We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, committee members, and sponsors (“Releasees”) from any claim by me, or my family, estate, heirs, or assigns arising out of my participation in the Activity. This shall be considered a complete release, waiver, and discharge of Releasees, whether injury is caused by my negligence, the negligence of Releasees, or the negligence of any third party.
4. I acknowledge that I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this Agreement, or that I have acquired the written consent of my parent or legal guardian. I understand that the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital, and that I have signed this Agreement of my own free will.
5. This Agreement shall be constructed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa. Each of the parties consents to the jurisdiction of the Iowa District Court for Black Hawk County in all matters relating to this Agreement. In the event that We Arose and/or Waterloo Bicycle Works is the prevailing party in any action to enforce this Agreement, We Arose and Waterloo Bicycle Works shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and costs.
Description of Activity: 2023 We Ride bicycle rides
Date of Activity: 2nd Sundays, May thru October
Location of Activity: Waterloo, Iowa
I HAVE BEEN FULLY INFORMED OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE SIGNING AND UNDERSTAND I AM WAIVING CERTAIN RIGHTS HEREUNDER.